How to remove poop stains from carpet is what you must know especially if you have pets around your home. Some accidents may happen and don’t blame your pets if they find the carpets are the best spot to relieve what they need. The main key is on how you can deal with the stain as soon as possible to avoid any permanent mark on your carpet.
Below are some important tips to deal with the poop stains to avoid any smell and stain on your carpet.
1. Once you spotted the stain, remove all poops if possible by wearing gloves and using scooper. For moist feces, use a scraper as well as damp paper towels to get the solid stain off your carpet. Scrape the stain gently to prevent it from spreading into the carpet.
- Use commercial carpet cleaner like Stain-X Carpet Stain Remover or Spot Shot Carpet Stain Remover. Or, apply heavy-duty laundry stain cleaner like OxiClean Max Force Laundry Stain Remover.
- Let the Stain Remover to work on the feces mark. After that, you can use cloth or brush to scrub. The cloth or the brush should be soaked in warm water with soap first.
- The next step on how to remove poop stains from carpet is using commercial product sprayer and spray the stain for several times. Use cloth to scrub, or brush so there is no visible feces stain you can find.
- Use paper towels or cotton cloth to absorb the moisture. Right after the carpet is dry, use fresh towel and repeat.
- Mix a cup of warm water and one cup of white vinegar, shake well. Spray the mixture to the stain or pour it over the spotted area. More cleaning solution is needed for large stain.
- Dry clothes or paper towels work well to absorb the excess moisture.
- Use a lot amount of baking soda and sprinkle to the area. Let it there for overnight.
- Use vacuum cleaner to remove the remaining baking soda in the morning.
It is not recommended to use steam cleaners on how to remove poop stains from carpet since the heat will only make the stain permanent.