Query: “I utilized Thompson’s clear water seal for wooden to my stamped concrete steps and sidewalk as we speak by mistake. Can I attempt energy washing it earlier than it dries?? Anything I can attempt?”
Thompson’s WaterSeal is made for safeguarding outside surfaces from rain and different moist situations, however most of their merchandise are made for wooden. It’s straightforward to get a few of it onto surrounding surfaces unintentionally when making use of it or seize the incorrect type once you needed the multi-surface model. Right here’s how to take away the wooden sealant from your sidewalk or different concrete floor.
You Will Want:
- Mineral spirits
- Concentrated degreaser
- A scrub brush
- A wire brush
- Concrete etcher
- A hose
Steps to Remove the Sealant:
- To make use of mineral spirits, wipe the spirits over the world with a material. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then scrub the world with a scrub brush.
- To make use of a concentrated degreaser, observe the directions on the label of your chosen product. Some good decisions for this are Krud Kutter or Easy Inexperienced. Use a scrub brush to enhance the effectiveness of the degreaser.
- If the scrub brush shouldn’t be sturdy sufficient, you need to use a wire brush as an alternative.
- Completely rinse the world after scrubbing to take away the residue from the sealant and cleaner.
- If the mineral spirits or normal degreaser doesn’t work, you need to use a concrete etcher, similar to Krud Kutter Clear & Etch or Quikrete Cleaner, Etcher and Degreaser. Comply with the directions on the label of your chosen product.
- All the time put on gloves when working with sturdy chemical compounds and skim the labels to discover every other security precautions which may be wanted.
- An alternative choice is to sand off the sealant both by hand with sandpaper or through the use of an electrical sander. Make certain that the sealant has dried first earlier than sanding.
- When you’ve got a pressure washer, another choice is to use a sandblast package to sandblast the concrete and take away the sealant.
- If you need to use a Thompson’s WaterSeal Waterproofer in your concrete, use the Multi-Floor model.
- The Cleansing Encyclopedia by Don Aslett
- Final Information to Masonry and Concrete by Inventive House owner